Meet Vegans and Vegetarians From Around The World
Time: April 16, 2013 from 6:30pm to 10pm
Location: Polish Club (Clifton)
Street: 50 St Paul's Road
Website or Map: https://maps.google.co.uk/map…
Event Type: film, screening, free, event, fundraising
Organized By: Alan Lee
Latest Activity: Feb 12
Wanna eat healthily and compassionately without giving up your favourite treat foods?
Do you wonder why we love dogs, eat pigs and wear cows?
The 'Vegucate Bristol Film Series' is tailor-made for you!
It shows you the all-round benefits of a plant-based lifestyle through screenings of life-altering, award-winning documentary films on this subject over 6 weeks, every Tuesday evening from April 2nd to May 7th.
Film shown tonight: Got the Facts on Milk? (aka. 'Milk Documentary')
- GOT THE FACTS ON MILK? questions the conventional wisdom of the much publicized health benefits of milk and dairy products.
- Trailer available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m6VErjH5VY&feature=player_embedded
- More info available on http://www.milkdocumentary.com/
The evening also includes:
FREE pizzas and snacks | cookery demo | discussion
- All food served is 100% plant-based.
- All funds raised go to Vegfam charity, who feeds the hungry across the globe without animal exploitation.
- Admission FREE, donations welcome! (Suggested donation: £2)
- Capacity: 150 people (strictly FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)
- No RSVP required, admission begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:00 sharp, so arrive early to avoid disappointment!
Schedule (subject to minor changes):
6:30 - 7:00 FREE pizzas and snacks
7:00 - 7:25 Cookery demo (chef TBC)
7:30 - 9:00 Film 'Got the Facts on Milk?'
9:00 - 9:15 Snacks
9:15 - 10:00 Discussion (panel members TBC)
Film series links:
• April 2nd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/186767368135132/?ref=14
• April 9th (Planeat) http://www.facebook.com/events/421649501237594/
• April 16th (Got the Facts on Milk?) http://www.facebook.com/events/515382371829666/
• April 23rd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/323746284397337/
• April 30th (Forks over Knives) http://www.facebook.com/events/236839843115408/
• May 7th (Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home) http://www.facebook.com/events/103116129863602/
Volunteers are welcome! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org