Welcoming vegetarians, vegans, raw foodists, fruitarians and the vegcurious
Time: April 9, 2013 from 6:30pm to 10pm
Location: Polish Club (Clifton)
Street: 50 St Paul's Road
Website or Map: https://maps.google.co.uk/map…
Event Type: film, screening, free, event, fundraising
Organized By: Alan Lee
Latest Activity: Feb 12
Wanna eat healthily and compassionately without giving up your favourite treat foods? Do you wonder why we love dogs, eat pigs and wear cows? The 'Vegucate Bristol Film Series' is tailor-made for you! It shows you the all-round benefits of a plant-based lifestyle through screenings of life-altering, award-winning documentary films on this subject over 6 weeks, every Tuesday evening from April 2nd to May 7th.
Film shown tonight: Planeat
- PLANEAT is the story of three men's life-long search for a diet which is good for our health, good for the environment and good for the future of the planet.
- Trailer available at http://vimeo.com/3018137
- More info available on http://planeat.tv/
The evening also includes:
FREE pizzas and snacks | stand-up comedian | raffle | discussion
- All food served is 100% plant-based.
- All funds raised go to Vegfam charity, who feeds the hungry across the globe without animal exploitation.
- Admission FREE, donations welcome! (Suggested donation: £2)
- Capacity: 150 people (strictly FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)
- No prior reservations required, admission begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:00 sharp, so arrive early to avoid disappointment!
Schedule (subject to minor changes):
6:30 - 7:00 FREE pizzas and snacks
7:00 - 7:15 Comedy (comedian TBC)
7:15 - 8:45 Film 'Planeat'
8:45 - 9:00 Raffle ticket sale and snacks
9:00 - 9:10 Raffle prize draw
9:10 - 10:00 Discussion (panel members TBC)
Film series links:
• April 2nd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/186767368135132/?ref=14 • April 9th (Planeat) http://www.facebook.com/events/421649501237594/
• April 16th (Got the Facts on Milk?) http://www.facebook.com/events/515382371829666/
• April 23rd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/323746284397337/
• April 30th (Forks over Knives) http://www.facebook.com/events/236839843115408/
• May 7th (Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home) http://www.facebook.com/events/103116129863602/
Volunteers are welcome! If interested, please get in touch with me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries, contact our community Vegucate Bristol by email at email@example.com or by phone on 07786850945.